Per zoning commission Order No. 06-14, which was issued on February 12, 2007, the zoning commission approved a mixed used development consisting of 229,690 square feet of residential; 120,443 square feet of hotel; 601,896 square feet of office and 7,000 square feet of retail. All numbers are approximate.
Mid Atlantic Realty seeks to modify the PUD in order to have the option of constructing residential units in lieu of the hotel use originally approved for the project. The plan will replace 177 hotel rooms with up to 160 residential units for a combined total of 430 living units in the entire project. If the developer goes with this proposed plan 8% of the gross floor area will be set aside for people who make below 80% of the area median income. With the exception of this change the rest of the project remains the same.
Mid Atlantic Realty has given $100,000 in cash amenities in accordance with condition No. 9 of zoning commission order No. 06-14. Below is a list of recipients of the cash amenities.
- Commission on the Arts and Humanities- $50,000.00 for Florida Avenue underpass project
- City Year Washington DC- $25,000.00 for five year operating cost of city year young heroes program
- Matthew G. Emery Elementary School- $10,000.00 for school activity fund
- Harry Thomas Community Service Center $10,000.00 for purchase of scoreboard
- North Capitol Main Street, Inc. $5,000.00 for development of retail database